Have an Account?
You must login or create an account to register for programs.
The Skate Canada CANPOWERSkate program is for those who are aspiring to be or currently playing hockey or ringette and wish to improve the quality of their skating. Taught by Skate Canada certified CANPower instructors, our experienced Grandview coaches will facilitate the program to build on balance, control and agility which are foundational hockey skills. Students must be at minimum Stage 3 CANSkate or above for entry into the program.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our regular operations have changed. Please read the notes below and thank you for your patience as we work together to keep skating a fun and safe activity.
Before you register, please note:
- Currently, skaters living outside of the Vancouver Coastal Health region can not register for classes at Grandview Skating Club
- Skaters must be able to skate forwards, backwards, and complete a full hockey stop.
- Full Hockey gear is required.
Things to know before coming to the rink:
- Skaters should arrive at the facility dressed and ready to go.
- Please proceed to the rink doors and follow signage. There will be a volunteer present to conduct a verbal Covid screening questionnaire.
- The facility will open the doors 10 minutes prior to the start of the session.
- Currently, NO family members will be permitted inside the facility to assist with tying of skates.
- There are no spectators permitted inside the facility.
- Skaters must bring their own labeled water bottle, there will be no access to water fountains.
- The online invoice will automatically add $43.65 Skate Canada Fee for any new skaters.
- Fees MUST be paid before skaters step on the ice.
If you have any questions, email: email@example.com
Please note that if our system detects more than 30 minutes of inactivity in your browser, your registration spots will no longer be reserved and you will need to begin again.
Program RegistrationsCALENDAR VIEW
Day / Time / Location: Saturday - 8:00am to 8:45am
Britannia Ice Rink,
Britannia Ice Rink
| Program Description:
CANPower is aimed at skaters who are aspiring to, or currently, play hockey or ringette and wish to improve the quality of their skating. Taught by Skate Canada certified CANPower instructors. Students must be at minimum Stage 3 and up for entry to program. Full Hockey is required.
Registration Begins: March 3, 2021 at 9:00 AM
Registration Cut-off: May 29, 2021 at 9:00 AM
Withdrawal Deadline: April 2, 2021 at 9:00 PM